Tuesday, June 9, 2026

China Trip Day 11: Biking on the Xi'an City Wall & Visit to Experimental High School

 This morning was AWESOME! We got to visit the old Xi'an City Wall where I was able to rent a bike and bike several miles on the cobblestone wall. It was beautiful.

“I feel like Justin Bieber!”

— one of our Utah students 😄
Honestly… justified.
An afternoon at Xi’an Experimental High School turned into one of the most memorable experiences of this trip! From the moment we arrived, we were welcomed like celebrities by students ages 12–19. The energy, curiosity, and kindness were unforgettable.
One of my favorite moments was joining an English class and learning about the Chinese Lantern Festival. As an educator, it was incredibly gratifying to observe the 2nd language instructional strategies the teacher used with her students. Good teaching and learning truly transcends borders.
We created artwork, experienced an earthquake simulator, and even tried a rifle simulator. The highlight? Chinese students swarmed us for photos and autographs and showered us with thoughtful gifts. Their enthusiasm and warmth touched all of us.
Experiences like this remind me that there is real power in connecting with our world family. I have never been more convinced of the importance of world languages and cultural understanding. #globalcitizenship
And honestly, I think we should let the youth run the world. Judging by the friendships, curiosity, and joy we witnessed today, there might just be a little more peace. ❤️🌏🇨🇳













































































































No comments: