Before Christmas, Taylor came rushing home from school with a handout announcing the spring school play: PETER PAN! She begged and begged to try out. I wanted to be supportive, but I also didn't want to be running around every night to voice lessons, dance, gymnastics, soccer, football, achievement days and so on. So we made a deal with Taylor: if she would be willing to quit dance on Thursday nights, we would go for it.
She made the cast as a mermaid dancer. Her dream!

Now to the costume. We were given instructions for those who sew and those who don't. Although I have a very talented mother-in-law, I didn't want to burden her with the costume stress so I attacked it with......the glue gun! I'm fairly confident that both of my grandmothers were looking down from heaven DYING over what they saw! And I don't think I'll ever play the piano correctly again after all of the hot glue gun burns....
What a performance it was! This school has the greatest parents who committed their time and money to sets, costumes, music, choreography, advertising and on and on! It was beyond most productions I've seen at junior highs. Taylor was front and center, busting the moves like we've never seen. She was so confident and beautiful. We were so happy for her shining moment.

The Lindsays are always so good to come and support our children in their different events. Aunt Cheri came with Poppie and Grandma Barbie. Cousin Brittney and Connie came too.We love you Taylor! We are celebrating right along with you and your happiness!
1 comment:
She is beautiful! What a fun experience for her!!
Post a Comment