This has been a dream of mine! I LOVE card games and board games. I grew up in a home where we loved to play and played with our cousins. We still do. Board games have been difficult to play in our family because we have constantly had little kids who grabbed and lost the pieces, ruined our boards during play and simply screamed when they weren't allowed on our laps, table or to touch. So we have hardly played. But that has changed now.
Right before Christmas, I had a feeling that Santa and our cousins might just be giving us a lot of fun board games so I went through our existing ones and threw out far too many because of missing pieces and boxes damaged so bad. I vowed to myself that with all new games, I would act as the "board game Nazi", meaning that children wouldn't be allowed to take down the games and play them without my supervision. Even though that doesn't seem fun, having our games in tact with a parent who is completely focused on the kids and creating a fun moment.
So here is my post about our past Fun Friday Family Night! We took pizza over to the grandparents and had a great feast of pizza and salad. Then the games began. Poppie really got into them. The younger kids loved playing their favorites with their grandparents (Hi Ho Cherry-o, Sorry, Candyland)while the older children played LIFE with dad on Poppie and Grandma's bed!
2 comments:
We just taught Shea and Clare how to play Mancala this week. Jody - it is amazing how even 20 minutes of one on one time playing a game with a kid means everything! It's amazing how precious that time is!!! Have so much fun!!
I love how involved your family is together, makes it look like its a lot of fun! Good Friday night fun!
Post a Comment