On Dave's birthday, we went out to lunch with Nate, Meredith, Yolanda and Dana at a little BBQ dive in Orem that was fabulous! Later that day, I made a special dinner consisting of crab-stuffed salmon, asparagus and yummy rice with peas. We made a white cake and topped it off with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for the birthday cake! Taylor was at a late play practice so the little ones sang and shared their birthday wishes for their daddy.
On Saturday, I worked my heart out for a little "surprise" party for Dave with his family and friends. So many people came over to celebrate Dave's life and I am very appreciative for that gesture. Here are some pictures from the night:

1. I love your smile: it is to die for!
2. I love how kind you are to others. It was one of the things which made me fall for you in the first place.
3. I love the way you snuggle with Alyssa (and our other kids as infants and toddlers) in the morning. It makes my heart still swell.
4. I love the vision you have for our family and our marriage.
5. I love how you treat me. You always make me feel like a million bucks.
6. I love when you send me messages about how much you love me. They make my day.
7. I love to see you work with the kids on projects, teaching them how to do things.
8. I love the excitement your presence brings our family when you walk through the door at night!
9. I love that you desire to know your Savior so much and study about him in the scriptures.
10. I love how you don't get mad at me when I am part of something breaking or breaking down.
11. I love how you never yell at me.
12. I love the smell of your clean skin.
13. I love it when you take time to read to the kids.
14. I love when you reach out for my hand when we are together.
15. I love to go out on dates with you; with you, it's always the best time ever!
16. I love how much FUN you are! It is always a great time when you are around.
17. I love your laugh! It is so invigorating and happy. It always brings a smile to my face.
18. I love how you support me with the dreams I have for myself. You make me feel like the smartest, most talented person in the world.
19. I love how tender you are with our daughters. They are so close to you.
20. I love that you know how to "handle" me! You are so good roping me in when I need to be roped in.
21. I love the way you kiss: best kisser on the entire freakin' planet!
22. I love that you are low-maintenance. You are quite easy-going.
23. I love your ability to forgive others. You really do magnify that quality of Christ.
24. I love your ability to see the best in other people! You are not quick to judge and are not critical.
25. I love how accepting you are of others. You elevate people's lives.
26. I love how hard working you are! You work so hard to be the best provider for us and this does not go unnoticed.
27. I love what a good friend you are to me and others. People are drawn to you for your many qualities and talents.
28. I love your ability to envision and execute your visions! During our 12 years, you have built incredible decks, water features, shelving, planter boxes, and so on. You are so amazing.
29. I love to see you rock out to your favorite music. You've got moves! :)
30. I love how much you love your mother. What a great example for our sons and daughters.
31. I love the way you lead our family prayer and the tradition you have created where, at the end of prayer, we have a huge family hug and say, "I love you" countless times to each other in our embrace.
32. I love all of the "stuff" with you: WOW!
33. I love your drive to complete not one, but two college degrees! That took dedication that not many will ever understand and yet you did it. Twice.
34. I love how much you respect my thoughts and opinions.
35. I love how patient you are with me and our children (well, sometimes with our children, but always with me!)
36. I love how the kids and I are the most important things to you in the world. You show us that through your words and actions.
37. I love the beautiful blessings you have given our children at their blessings and now confirmations as they are getting baptized.
38. I love your zest for life! It is contagious and real!
39. I love that you love to travel and discover new places.
and......
40. I LOVE that we are sealed together, forever.
Happy Birthday Dave!
I love you so much.
I love you so much.
1 comment:
Looks like it was a blast, all the pictures of those yummy desserts make me drool!
Post a Comment