Friday, April 5, 2019

Europe Spring Break- Day 9 Neuschwanstein, Oberammergau, and Luzern

 What a day!  What a day!  We arose early to drive to the dreamy Neuschwanstein Castle near Flüssen. The hillsides were dusted with a light snow.  It was a new way to view the castle with a winter glaze.  We loved our time there and explored the other side of the rickety bridge for even better views of the castle!

Next, off to Oberammergau, the birthplace of The Passion Play set to produced next year in 2020 (#bucketlist). Oberammergau is cozy with its ornate buildings and quaint charm. Jen and Steve bought me a beautiful Christmas pyramid as a thank you gift for the trip!  Jaxson helped me pick out some additional Christmas treasures such as a nutcracker and another smoker to add to our collection. 

The rest of the drive was surreal.  We had a bathroom break in Bregenz, a city on the Austria/Switzerland border that was in my area when I served in Dornbirn.  As we were on the autobahn passing Dornbirn, I felt my eyes brimming with tears.  It was in Dornbirn that I experienced both the most refining and defining moments as a missionary.  I thought of Rebecca Kunz, one of my most special companions, and the impact she had on me.  I felt a sense of gratitude for the way Heavenly Father has guided my life!

Switzerland was just showing off for us!  Cameras were pointed out the windows at all times, snapping pictures of the alps rising above clear blue lakes!

Once we arrived at the hotel, we ate a yummy dinner.  I was able to play the alphorn for the travelers.  So fun!






























































































No comments: