Thursday, April 4, 2019

2019 Europe Spring Break- Day 8 (Salzburg)

 Our time in Salzburg, Austria was incredible, minus the walking city tour that didn't go exactly like I had imagined when planning the trip!
Our drive from Munich to Salzburg was spectacular.  The scenery was gorgeous, with green, rolling hills flowing up to the snow-capped alps!  I just loved it.  The city was getting ready for high tourism so there was scaffolding all over the place while the buildings were being cleaned. We enjoyed a walking tour, found the most scrumptious döners to eat, were enchanted by all of the painted Easter eggs, and loved hearing the church bells ringing!
In the afternoon, we drove about 30 minutes outside of Salzburg to go on an adventure in the Salt Mines!  It was one of the most unique adventures I have experienced.  We took a mini train ride on a log deep into the salt mines, slid down the wooden shoots like human boy scout cars, and glided on a lake deep within the mines.  Awesome!
We ended our tour in a brewery for dinner before heading back to Munich!  What a great day!






















































































































No comments: