How could I cry? She was soooo ready and soooo excited for school to begin that our drop off for Alyssa's first day of school was celebratory rather than tearful. She glowed with excitement. I realized how independent she has become and how brave she faces new experiences and circumstances. I met her down at Rocky Mountain along with the other parents as we sent our babies off. Alyssa and I have had a joke over the years that when I drop her off at Kindergarten, people will ask if she is my granddaughter. As I looked around, I figured I was about the 3rd oldest mother! :) In fact, one of my former students was also dropping her son off for Kindergarten and he is in Alyssa's class!
Cookies and other fattening food for the kids!
Here is the mascot welcoming the kids to school
Alyssa's teacher, leading the kids in to class.
Alyssa, we are so excited for you and your new journey. You are going to ROCK it!
1 comment:
Yay Alyssa! Where has the time gone, Jod? Kindergarten already?
Post a Comment