Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Eve 2012

This year, we decided to stay home and celebrate the new year coming in with just our little family.  For the record, I love social activities:  parties, get-togethers, outings etc, but at the end of the day, on this night, the people I wanted at my table were the ones I look at every day!

We brought in the New Year Swiss style:  with Raclette!  It was delicious and everyone's favorite meal.  We grilled shrimp, steak and a vegetable medley of mushrooms, onions and peppers. 

Afterward, we played board games and just laughed.  Too much fun!






In our small celebratory fashion, we brought in the New Year as a family.  And that is all that counts.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

I totally agree that sometimes we need to just slow down, pull back, and focus on our families...what a great night to choose for that. You do such a great job focusing your energy and using your time on the things that are most important to you. And I am absolutely in love with your Raclette tradition.