Each year, around November, I begin contemplating what word I will live by for the upcoming year. I liked my word "FOCUS" for 2012 but early into the year, I found myself completely taken off guard with the possibility of us uprooting our family and moving to Arkansas. It was and has been a HUGE distraction for me as we have tried to figure our how life would look for our family there and what roles we would have. After the 2012 election and Romney's loss, we both have felt less assured with our decision to move there and pursue a new career for Dave. We have felt insecure with the direction of the economy under the direction of Obama and what it means for small business owners. A few months ago, I was certain this would be my last year teaching at Oak Canyon Jr High; now, I believe I will spend many more years teaching in a school and community that I dearly, dearly love.
Okay, so now that Dave and I can focus on our life here, it is time to choose a word for me to live by. And I have the perfect word for me.
FAITH
I NEED this word to lead me throughout this 2013 year. In reflecting on my life over the past several months, it has become obvious to me that I don't have faith that all of the little things I do will bring me the specific results I desire in my life. I believe that all aspects of my life will greatly improve if I apply faith to them.
Today I had each one of the kids make an inspiration board for the 2013 year. We chose words, pictures, sayings that would help inspire us to become better versions of ourselves. Here is what the kids and I created:
Going forward in 2013 with faith to guide me......
3 comments:
You continue to be such an inspiration to me! Wishing you every happiness this year. XOXO
Such a great post, Jody. Figuring out the details of our lives can be such a soul-searching and heartwrenching process sometimes. I love your word for the year and I love how you are teaching your kids to dream and spend their time working toward worthwhile goals. I'm so glad you're my friend!
This is awesome Jod. And the perfect word for you. I love that you and the kids all made boards. I wish I were half as good as you!
Post a Comment