January got off to a GREAT Start for our family. The kids were so good to be patient with all of the projects we had/have going on in our home. Here are two faces I can't live without:
Dave surprised me some projects completed with Uncle Bob from LA. A new faucet in my kitchen!
Taylor and I enjoyed a Mommy/Daughter Date with each other. We went out for a burger and then to a movie. I LOVE this girl. What a little beauty!
Snow, Snow, Snow
My favorite January snack (thank you Pintrist). Cottage Cheese, avacado, tomatoes, cucumbers and cracked pepper.
SICKNESS IN OUR FAMILY
During the 2nd week of January, our family got hit super hard with illness. In fact, I was the only person not to get both strep and croup. In a 24 hour period, I had 3 visits to the pediatrician's office. Alyssa first and then Taylor and Jaxson all tested positive for strep and croup. On our 3rd visit, Kimberly wrote both Austin and me out prescriptions for when we would get strep. It took Austin about 7 more hours to get it. And me? As stated, I made it through!
Baby girl at the doctor's office
My Life as a German Teacher
One of the very most rewarding moments of my ongoing career has to be the sheer number of former students who continue to receive mission calls to Germany or choose to live there for a time. Almost weekly now, I have students coming in my classroom to visit me. And here is a picture of the most recent: Matt Little! This kid is amazing. His sense of humor was incredible and he was super smart. And when he walked through my classroom door, wearing Lederhosen and all, I couldn't stop smiling! We had the greatest visit and spoke German the entire time (of course). I went home and started searching for German programs to get my own kids into. 




No comments:
Post a Comment