Sunday, October 2, 2011

THS Homecoming Carnival

One of the things I've enjoyed about teaching at Timpanogos High School is to be part of the fun activities they offer the families of the area. As part of the annual Homecoming fundraiser, the different clubs set up booths and created little stations of fun. There was food galore, hair bows and flowers, ear rings, face painting, horse-back riding, hay ride on a bed behind a tractor and a fishing pond to name just a few. The kids and I went over before the boys' football practice for some fun. The high school kids were adorable and kind to the Lindsay kids! At the fish pond, one of my darling seniors said to Taylor, Jax and Austin, "Did you know that you're mom is my all-time favorite teacher?" The kids' response? They were completely UN-impressed! I felt like Kelly Ripa a few weeks ago, when she had two of her three children in the audience of the show. When she and Regis walked out, everybody stood and cheered EXCEPT for her children. Even funnier, when she brought that to the audience's attention and the cameras were turned on them, they did indeed look bored and unimpressed! :) Anyway, it was a great time for all.
e



The Fishing Pond
Alyssa was so proud of the live fish she caught! I give the fish 24 hours until it is dead.....



Look at our fish, mom!

No comments: