Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Canyonlands 1/2 Marathon!

WE DID IT!!!!
Jody, Dave, Rueben, Steve (non-runner but most important athlete), Jen, Nate and Dana at the end of our race.

I kind of wanted to wait until I had all of my pictures to post this, but the rest of our story will come later! In a nutshell, Dave and I ran the Canyonlands 1/2 marathon in Moab last weekend. In case anybody has forgotten how far that is, it is 13.1 miles. That is like running from our home to the Maverick in Eagle Mountain. For us, it was a major accomplishment and we are both so proud of ourselves for finishing. I'll post our story later.

Incredible experience! Simply incredible!

4 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Yay! Congrats! so I sent you an invite to view my blog... I hope you got it? I need to run a half marathon one of these days!

Jenna said...

SHUT UP!!!! You ran a 1/2?!!! I'm so jealous!! What an accomplishment. I'm so so so proud of you. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Chelle said...

I was just going to send you an e-mail and ask about this. Congratulations Jody! I'm so proud of you. You should feel so proud of yourself for this accomplishment. I need the details and I can't wait to get the whole story. I can't believe we haven't kept in better touch throughout your training :)

Melissa said...

Jody, You are AWESOME!!! Congrats! I can't wait to hear the story, please do tell!