In a nutshell, the word to describe our family in the past 6 weeks would be "ill." For 6 weeks in row, I missed at least 1 day of work. We have had the flu, ear infections, strep throat and more ear infections. Our baby, Alyssa, is on her 5th ear infection since October. Tubes are right around the corner.
In addition, adding another child to your family makes for more work. I haven't quite figured out how to juggle everybody the most successfully yet. I mean, I have some really great days where each child gets special attention, we read, practice piano, make it dance, make dinner, and even get our rooms picked up while putting away the laundry. Then there are days where it just doesn't click quite right. I can say, however, that my focus is on the progression of my family now more than it has ever been! :)
Here are some of our highlights:
Mom and Dad are putting in their mission papers again! We're hoping for a warm, western state. Please dedicate your prayers to this!
Mom and Dad are putting in their mission papers again! We're hoping for a warm, western state. Please dedicate your prayers to this!THANKSGIVING 2009: CHESTERFIELD, IDAHO!

PUTTING UP THE CHRISTMAS TREE 2009
Ginger, my youngest sister, becomes a mom! Welcome to the Hatch clan, Zoe Rae Hunsaker! Ginger was in labor for hours at home. When she finally arrived at the hospital, she was dilated to a 9+. In other words, no time for pain killers and had the 8 lbs 2 oz baby all natural! We all STILL can't believe it!
Advent Calendars! This is a tradition in our family, stemming from Germany of course! The kids LOVE opening their calendars every night as the countdown to Christmas begins!THS BABYSITTING NIGHT!
One of the perks of teaching at THS is the annual Babysitting night each December! They do this so the parents can go Christmas shopping. The teacher in charge of the pre-school there has the honor's students come in for 4 hours of service and watch the children of the teachers. Personally, I call it "Birth Control Service." Our children had a blast! There were all sorts of crafts, face painting, dinner, choir performance, a visit from Santa and a movie.
And that's a wrap!
(What you don't know about this blog entry is that I started it last night at 11:30 pm when I thought Alyssa was finally down for the night but she ended up keeping me up until 2:30 am because of a stomach ache....)

7 comments:
I love "in a nutshell" posts. :-) I don't know how you do it Jod! I had my 18 mo old nephew for 8 days this past week and it was crazy hard!! And I sympathize, for some unknown reason, Clare was awake last night from 12am - 3:30am. No church for us today. Bummer!! :-) Happy HOlidays. Love you
I feel your pain! But only somewhat. I have no idea how you throw work into all of that too. You are such a "Super Mom". Thanks for posting the picture of Ginger and the baby! What a great family addition! Jeff came and got McKay the other day & I asked him about the 2 of them & he had no info so it is so good to hear them both doing so well:)I hope the tubes help they were a life saver at our house!!! Good Luck
I was glad to read a post from you guys. I think of you guys every Christmas now... and the days of yore Raclette (sp?) night. Your kids are beautiful, if not healthy. ugh. What a mess. I think there is NOTHING more stressful than sick kids. I'm truly sorry. Hopefully they got it out of their system and you can just enjoy the holidays.
Jody,
You are so cute! I love reading your posts!You are an amazing person. I still really want to have you guys over sometime, but my life has been nuts too. I'll call you sometime and see if there is anytime that we could both fit it in, because I would like to see you and your kids!
what a great post - I love reading your blog!!
Another mission, Ginger's baby, Justin's affinity for wigs....I so enjoy keeping up with your crazy, wonderful life. Miss and love you.
I just have a few comments...
1. Justin's wig was way attractive.
2. Your dad looked very professional as he tended Dave's wounds.
3. My mom totally overdoes it on the side dishes too. We never have room in the fridge for all the salads, and the table isn't big enough to hold all of them.
4. That Dave just doesn't give up, no matter the danger or extent of his wounds. Kudos to him.
Love you and hope everyone is healthy!
Post a Comment