Last night, however, was a completely different experience for our family. Our lesson was on keeping Jesus the center of our Christmas season. Dave taught about symbolism of the tree, candy canes, etc. We read scriptures, talked about carols we love to sing and which ones center around Jesus and which ones center around Santa. Then we went to the piano and sang both types. Jaxson conducted and was perfect. Austin sang loudly and prayed without laughing or trying to be funny. Taylor gave so many thoughtful responses and LOVED the singing! And Alyssa just sat on my lap during family prayer without making her siblings snort.
After we said, "amen," and the kids rushed to the kitchen for caramel popcorn (a big thanks to cousin Charonne for her yummy recipe from a night over at Sonya's house a few years ago), Dave and I, still kneeling, stared at each other is awe. Finally, Dave said, "Tonight was the best FHE we've ever had." My response, "High 5 for the best FHE EVER" as we hit right hand to right hand in the middle of our home.....
Here is our first Christmas ornament as a couple given to us by my mom on the 25th of 1999! Ten years later, 3 homes later, 4 children and we can't believe how fortunate we were to have found each other!
(I just noticed you can't see the "& DAVE" on the ornament. It's there! )Can't seem to post without adding a picture of our last baby! And who said with each child, fewer pictures are taken.....?
5 comments:
That is so great to have a good experience at this time of year! I always have such high expectations, and get let down. I am still hoping for a great christmas FHE. I am glad we still have a few weeks to try.
awwwwwww that was a great christmas moment story! Thanks for sharing...My Paul is quite the silly goon so I have a feeling those will be a struggle for us too!
There's hope for us all:))
That sounds like a fabulous FHE!! That's such a great idea, and it's one that children need to learn, but also one they can enjoy and have fun with! I'm taking notes and getting ideas of how to get our girls more interested in the lessons instead of running around and not listening to a word! You're amazing Jody!!
Way to go on the FHE. It is so rare that we feel like we really hit the mark in that area as well. We just stick with it and hope for the best most Monday nights.
Thanks for that last picture of Alyssa. The post just wouldn't have been complete without it, just as her outfit wouldn't have been complete without that adorable flower growing out of her head. I want to gobble her up.
Post a Comment