And yes, it was!
I had been looking forward to this Christmas in particular as it would be our first Christmas with our entire family in tact. With the birth of Alyssa, this year has been a year of firsts and lasts. Experiencing each holiday with her as the newest member of the family was exciting! Realizing that with each passing week and month, we were that much closer to our last moments with a baby in our home. Therefore, this Christmas was a celebration of firsts and lasts.
On Christmas Eve, we went over to Grandma Barbie and Poppie's home for dinner and presents. I forgot my camera so I have nothing to show for this but let me remind any reader of my blog that Dave's mom does it up nice! Every detail, from the table cloth to the wrapping paper, it always beautiful and this year's Christmas Eve was no exception. The kids came home with games, dolls, clothes and movies. Thanks so much to the Lindsays!We arrived home at 11:30pm, put out our stockings and the kids went right down to bed. Dave had been feeling under the weather all day. I encouraged him to stay up with me since I had done everything to get ready for Christmas at that point, but he couldn't do it...and fell asleep on our chair. This is a fore-shadowing of the entire Christmas day at the Lindsay home.
On Christmas morning, there was a path of reindeer droppings from the kids' rooms to the living room! The kids were so excited to see what Santa had brought them! Here are some pictures I quickly took before the kids came out.
(Speaking of the stockings, I need to pause here and insert something interesting. Dave and I decided ahead of time to not give each other presents since we are going to Hawaii in 6 weeks with our friends, the Johnstons, which made Christmas shopping really nice. It was decided that we would just take care of each other's stockings. Well, on Christmas Eve day, Dave asked, "Do you have everything taken care of for the stockings? I replied, "Yes, we're all good." So on Christmas morning, I awoke to....an empty stocking! I said to Dave under my breath, "Did Santa forget me or what?" Dave looked shocked and replied, "You SAID you took care of everything?" Oh, yes. ANOTHER Christmas mis-communication for Dave and Jody! Thank goodness we're madly in love with each other or we'd just be mad. :)
Alyssa- 10 months, Jaxson- 5, Austin-3 and Taylor-8.





3 comments:
Looks like you had a lovely Christmas (even though Dave forgot your stocking!). You guys will have so much fun in Hawaii!! We love your family too:)
how fun! how silly of Dave too. your house looks so pretty, my mom raves about it all the time!
What a fun Christmas! It sounds like you enjoyed a beautiful day :) I'm so excited for your trip to Hawaii!!
Post a Comment