Thursday, August 13, 2009

Grandpa Hatch's 100 Birthday Celebration

Ammon Paul Hatch is my grandfather, the only grandfather I have known. He was born in September 1909 and will be turning 100 next month. We went ahead and held a family celebration in his honor in Chesterfield, Idaho last month since many families drove several days across the country and flew in from all over the U.S. to attend this event! It was amazing!

We met at the Chesterfield Townsite for a tour. We all jumped on a trailer hooked to a semi and another towed by a truck and went from place to place. We all gathered around Grandpa as he told about each of the places and special memories he had there.




Here is Grandpa being taken around
This is the house where he and grandma Hatch welcomed all 5 of their children into the world. He called it the "happiest years of his life."



Cousins Kelton and Teresa

Grandpa Hatch was the bishop of this ward for many years and preached from this pulpit. He told several great stories. My dad reminded us about the power of our choices as couples while looking at what grandpa and grandma created in their time together.

Cousin Kevin and his family
Dad and Grandpa!
We ate a scrumptious dinner in the renovated amusement hall. We sang many of Grandpa's favorite songs and watched several of the great-grandchildren perform talents. Justin's kids and mine sang, "I Like to Look for Rainbows" accompanied by Uncle Josh!

Dad, Aunt LaPreal, Grandpa Hatch, Aunt Kareen and Uncle Paul J.
Deceased is Aunt Gaylie
After an afternoon with our extended family, Uncle Justin took each kid for a ride on the horse. Fun, fun, fun!

I LOVE my family and am so proud to be part of the Hatch/Lee Families in Idaho! It feels amazing to belong to something so noble and strong where we wrap our arms around each other in love.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Looks like you have an amazing family!But just knowing you, I already knew that! What a fun reunion! I LOVE things like that! Glad you got to go!
We need to get together. I keep thinking that when we "Get Settled" we can have people over. It has taken us ALL summer to do that, maybe we can have a "Back to School bbq or something. I'd love to see you guys!

Andrew and Charonne- said...

that is awesome! 100 years, wow! And he looks like he still gets around!