For the past 2 years, I've been watching the KSL Classifieds closely, observing how people have been dumping their grand pianos for insane amounts of money! This summer, as I saw grand pianos going for 3-4K, I asked Dave if I were able to sell mine, if I could get a baby grand. He told me that would be fine so about 3 weeks ago, I listed mine for sale.
After I posted it for sale, I had an idea. I quickly created another "for sale" ad and titled it, "Looking to trade Yamaha Upright for Baby Grand" and then preceded to write that if there was anybody who was in a position where they were down-sizing and wanted to trade a grand for a nice upright (Yamaha pianos are at the top of the line for makes of pianos), to call me.
And nothing. For 18 days.
While I was in Sanpete county with my mom and uncle on Thursday, I received a phone call from a gal in St. George. As our conversation upfolded, I learned that they needed to sell their YAMAHA baby grand and had had it listed for several months (I had seen it and noticed it since it was the only Yamaha and died when I saw how cheap they were selling it). They were down to the wire. She told her husband she might as well trade for a nice piano. So we set it up and I told the I would pay 1/2 the transportation cost since they were taking a friend's grand up to SLC.
So, here she is!
I cannot, cannot quit looking at it! And playing it! Even Dave noticed how rich and deep the sounds were as I played some of my favorite pieces. This is a dream come true!
4 comments:
she is so pretty!
Oh, it is absolutely beautiful & I'll bet that the music that comes from it, is even more beautiful! Congrats!
Congratulations Jody! It's gorgous, and I have to say I can't help but feel jealous, but I'm very happy for you!
Ahhhh, nothing beats a Yamaha! I have a concert grand for playing and practicing, and an upright for teaching...both Yamaha. You are quite the "wheeler-dealer!" Lucky lady! My google account says "Mike's mom" but for you I should say "Jon's mom"
Post a Comment