Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We enjoyed another wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! On Thursday, we spent the day with the Lindsays. The kids were super excited-When we got to Dale and Barbara's, the table was set to perfection with Barbara's beautiful china and all sorts of little decorations.Off to the side was the "Boy Table" for the man children.....Cheri (chef elite) and Cindy making last minute preparations for the dinner. Cheri made the BEST turkey we have eaten. I guess watching Food Network really does have its benefits! Dale, probably the most grateful for the double root canal he had two days prior....Uncle Steve is always so sweet and kind to our children. Here is my personal favorite part of the dinner: Barbara's Stuffing! She makes it with walnuts and pineapple. It is really, really delicious!

Let's eat!
Great food, Great company!

Austin loved the jello with whipped cream!

Taylor was just so happy to sit at the grown-up's table! She just beamed!

After dinner, we wanted a few pictures of the kids. Here are Taylor, Jaxson and Austin with Grandma Barbie!

Aunt Cheri and Uncle Steve....teasing and tickling!
Dave, before dinner....
Here are a few more shots of the boys with Cheri and Steve

The next day, we drove to Unitah (mouth of Weber Canyon) to see my brother, Justin, and his family. They built a home there over the past spring and summer and we hadn't seen it. My parents were there so that was fun to spend the afternoon with them. Dad took the kids horse-back riding. Taylor and Jaxson both rode without somebody leading the horse so they were both very proud of that moment. Justin and Jana's home is really beautiful--we are so happy for them!
The rest of the Thanksgiving break was spent working at Oak Canyon (trying to get caught up after missing 6 days of school) and putting up our Christmas decorations. It has been another great year with great memories!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I can not believe, can not believe! how old your kids look. Seriously Jod!!

Andrew and Charonne- said...

FUN! i need to see pics of you !

We're Hatchin' said...

It sounds like you had a yummy Thanksgiving!! I'm glad that Thanksgiving was a lot better than the other night doing the splits. I hope all is well!

Melissa said...

Jody, Hey, I was wondering if you could email me your address again,I have lost it! I would lose my brain, honestly if it wasn't attached, these days, I don't know what is going on. I'm nuts! I have Christmas cards, I need to get out. Thanks a ton! XOXOX