So, I really haven't been in the mood to post anything new since Halloween. I've felt a bit gloomy. I really have! Maybe it's the weather? Maybe it is from the formation of my 8th chin during this long pregnancy? Maybe it is because my children have been making me a bit crazy? Maybe it is the reality of the PG home sinking us? Maybe I am sick of all of the pessimism surrounding the near future of our country? Who knows?
I told Dave, I guess what I should do is focus on the things that are going right!
1. I have 3 healthy children who are happy and love life!
2. The kids constantly say funny things that keep me laughing....like Jaxson asking Dave why he has grass growing on his chest. Then Jaxson wanted to water it so it would grow.
3. Dave's the man. So happily married. Amen.
4. We're expecting a baby girl! Just past the 28 week mark today. 11 more to go!
5. We have great jobs
6. We have the gospel
7. We live in a country with freedoms!
I could go on and on but there is a fight in the other room! AHHHH, these kids!!!!!! :)
4 comments:
Oh, I totally know about kids fighting. I have been feeling that same kind of gloom. For me I think it is the time of year. I love fall, but it seems like when the time switches I get feeling a little down for a few weeks. Thanksgiving usually helps me snap out of it. Counting blessings helps. And then the excitement of Christmas starts.
That is so exciting you're having a girl! Hang in there. It's nice to know that there are other people feeling similarly.
be happy, i know sometimes life sucks and gets hard and i feel it too. Thanks so much for posting this, its good to know im not the only one who feels down at times!
I'm glad you posted this. I have been feeling the same way...then feeling guilty that I have been struggling. I had to laugh out loud when you talked about your "8th chin" I'm sure you are totally exaggerating. I'm sure you are one of those cute beautiful pregnant people. I can't believe it's been so long since we've seen you guys. We should get together sometime really! Call me sometime if you need to vent.
I've always been of the mind that pregnancy is an emotional free for all and anyone who doesn't validate whatever feeling you'd like to express at any given moment is immediately crossed off the friend list until a sufficient post-delivery adjustment time has passed. Hormones are going wild, body pains are so frequent that you almost forget they're not normal, and it's nearly impossible to continue to parent existing children while keeping up the pre-pregnancy standards of housecleaning, errand running, and household coaching.
You know you're grateful for your life. Your friends all know you're grateful for your life. Sometimes the grumbles can just give you a temporary release. In the case of pregnancy I totally believe that you can grumble and be grateful at the same time. You're awesome - write that on your arm and read it every day!
Post a Comment