Thursday, January 1, 2026

2026 Mantra: Rooted & Becoming


For the past several weeks, I have reflected on how my 2025 word, rescript, was powerful in my year of grieving family and career changes, how it gave me permission to be in charge of rescripting the narrative of the main character of my story: ME. 

For 2026, I have thought a lot about what my word should be. I concluded I need a word that requires courage, adaptability, and deep alignment with values in the areas of faith, family, profession, and health. I've teetered between “Becoming”  and “Rooted” as my 2026 word of the year. BECOMING embraces growth through uncertainty, it honors courage, growth and adaptability without the pressure to arrive. It reminds me that I value progression. ROOTED speaks to steadiness, values and the quiet courage in the midst of changes that I can’t predict. I love the idea of a constant reminder of what I am rooted in spiritually (my faith and moving toward Christ), family (being rooted in patience, presence and love), rooted in my health (rooted in the habits that sustain and strengthen me physically and mentally) and professionally (rooted in my “why" as I adapt and take risks). 

So I decided to do something different that I have never done for my word of the year: COMBINE THEM.

So my words of the year are ROOTED and BECOMING. Without roots or direction, movement alone isn’t meaningful. Being rooted gives clarity; becoming gives purpose to each step. Intention. 

When I am unclear about what matters, any step will do.
When I am rooted in purpose, each step leads me forward.

So here's to being rooted in what matters as I become who I'm meant to be in 2026! 

 

No comments: