Saturday, March 28, 2020

Week 2 of the Coronavirus Social Distancing: Home School, Bathroom Remodel, and S'mores









There will be parent/teacher conferences this weekend....and the children are in trouble with their new teacher! The kids have been doing okay with their homeschooling. It bothers me they don't love reading.  I don't understand it. They also try to get out of doing things that I know are good for them.  Yes, yes, I know I could yell and ground them every day, all day, for everything I would love for them to do and do well.  But along the way, I realize I want a different relationship for them, so I really only focus on what I feel are the "essentials" in life to really focus on and let the rest go.

The bathroom remodel is going well except that Dave found some black on the flooring which he thinks is mold. 

S'mores on the desk with the fire is simply perfection.  While I don't wish our world conditions due to the Coronavirus, there are some things I am learning about this time together:

1.  While this has been challenging, we have it good.  We have our health, we have food, we have all we need. It is a blessing I am not taking for granted and feel almost uneasy that we are not experiencing more pain.  It just reminds me I am expected to give more, to do more.
2. Having NO distractions (running around on limited time, sports, activities, friends, etc) is something I am embracing.  Although I am working hard at home with my job, parenting, bathroom, Dave's schooling, my last classes, the remodel, and so forth, we don't have the distractions we have been living with.  And I love it!  
3.  There are some things I want to keep doing when this passes over: like walks when we want, time to talk with the kids, giving more time and attention to my husband, journaling, reading, going a bit more slow in life.





No comments: