Sunday, March 15, 2020

Sunday Services- at home for the first time in my life

Bishop Miller sent an email allowing all priesthood holders to administer and pass the sacrament at home since we are not allowed to congregate for a time due to the Corvid-19 Coronavirus.  
We had 1:30pm church (Jaxson and Alyssa both were tired and slept until 12:30pm).  I made soup and homemade rolls.  Afterward, we had the kids get in their Sunday clothes to join us for the administration of the sacrament.  There was a little protest, and boys arriving with "Coronavirus protection" with goggles, scarves over the mouth etc. Haha!
Dave blessed the sacrament and the boys administered it to us. We sang hymns, prayed, listened to President Nelson's video message sent on Friday, and then finished reading 2nd Nephi.  As we gathered around the piano for the closing song of "A Child's Prayer", I felt tears of joy hearing my children singing.  
At the conclusion of our home-centered services, Dave announced we were going on a Lindsay family walk on the trail....where he would then sing "Pioneer Children Sang as They Walked". We only went about 2 miles and enjoyed being outside and together.

I texted mom and dad telling them today has been one of my most favorite Sundays in a long, long time. I love my family with my whole heart.  They are my everything.  I am grateful to have an honorable man of God as my husband who tries so hard to do the right things for our family.  It was a beautiful experience to see my husband and sons administering the sacrament to our family today.









No comments: