Wednesday, November 14, 2018

New Orleans ACTFL Conference for Jody- Day 1

I had only been home for a week from Auburn and was ready to fly out again, this time to New Orleans for the annual ACTFL conference (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages). I had requested to attend so I could get caught up to speed with national best practice in teaching languages.  The next thing I knew, Alpine School District was sending my entire Leadership Team to the conference.  Like I was leading 9 people and I had no idea what I was doing.  Mari prepped me incredibly well for the experience.

We fly out of SLC on a Wednesday for Houston and then to New Orleans. The day was bright and beautiful for our first flight....and incredibly wet and bumpy for the next!  When we arrived in New Orleans, we ate at the hotel and headed to bed so we wouldn't be too tired for our first day of learning.







No comments: