Sunday, November 4, 2018

Auburn Trip- Day 4

Our flight didn't leave until the evening so we had a day to spend in Atlanta!  It was such a cool city.  Top on our list was to visit the Martin Luther King museum and memorial. It was so incredibly inspiring!  I left our experience at the museum with a far deeper understanding of King's greatness, how it wasn't an option to use violence for change and how peace can stir people to change.  
We ate dinner at a place highlighed on "Diners and Dives" that had the most yummy BBQ ever!  We also toured the Georgia Tech University.

On our flight home, I realized at the end that I had wifi on the Delta flight. So I sent Dave a text from the plane. I told him that according to the map on the plane, we were ready to fly into Utah county from the south.  Dave and the kids were in the hot tub and suddenly saw a plane bank in from the Spanish Fork area.  Dave texted me that he thought he could see us.  Jaxson, Alyssa, and Dave grabbed their towels and headed to the front porch.  Dave texted me that we were the only plane in the air and that he would start flickering the house lights.  We were in the Orem area so I followed the house outlines on the mountainside until I came to Cedar Hills.  Suddenly, I saw the flickering lights.  I actually closed my eyes and opened them again to make certain I wasn't making it up, but they were still flickering!  At this point, both Jaxson and Dave were texting me until the plane banked around the mountain.  It was just a cool experience!














No comments: