Friday, June 20, 2014

Father's Day 2014

KEEP CALM AND CALL DAD
 As our tradition goes, Father's Day revolves around celebrating our dad and grandfathers.  We are so blessed to have the influence of a wonderful dad and 2 wonderful grandfathers.

At 10:00, the Hults and DuJardins came over for a Father's Day brunch.  We had yummy french toast, bacon and sausage from Meiers, a sausage breakfast casserole and beautiful fresh fruit!  It was scrumptious and was as delicious as it looked.



 Five years ago, I videoed our children answering questions about their fathers.  It was so precious that I decided to do it again.  It was a ton of work (seriously, I was up until 1:00am two nights in a row getting all of the clips trimmed etc) but it turned out beautiful!  Dave, Dana, Nate and Steve were all very touched by the things their children said about them.  I loved hearing each child talk about why his/her father is special.

After church, the children gave Dave their Father's Day letters and I gave him concert tickets to see Keith Urban in August.  Yay!


 In the evening, we went over to Dale and Barbara's house for a lovely meal and good times with Poppie!  Here is a picture with the kids and their "World's Greatest Poppie" basket!






No comments: