Sunday, November 3, 2013

Stringtown Nightmare Express


One resourceful task I do everyday is pick up garbage off of my classroom floor before the janitors come in to vacuum.  It was through such trash that I found Taylor's voice teacher and where I found little flyers announcing the Stringtown Express would be running before Halloween.  I took a picture and sent it to my friends who all responded they were interested in going but we needed to see what the weather was going to be like. 
I agreed.
A few days later, at the end of one of my classes, I overheard several students talking about how awesome the train ride was at the Stringtown Nightmare Express.  I inserted myself into the conversation and became quickly convinced we would go that evening!  I messaged my friends and told them to meet me there at 4:30 if they wanted to go as a group.

To say we were pleasantly surprised was an understatement!  WE LOVED IT!  The train ride was perfect for our kids!  There was "scary" things like dragons, witches and mummies!  













 Look kids!  It's Mary Poppins!















I think we have found a new tradition!

No comments: