Sunday, November 3, 2013

Jumping Over The Bushes! Just Like In The Days Of Yore

 When I was a little girl, I loved to go to Grandma's house in Centerfield, Utah.  She lived in a small, brick home which was charming.  Grandma worked tirelessly on her yard.  Her flowers were always pretty, her lawn was green and her bushes were trimmed to perfection.

The cousins and I had a ritual that we looked forward to each visit:  jumping over the bushes from the front porch.  It was no easy task!  The porch was quite high and the bushes were thick and wide.  Being the 3rd oldest cousin, I took pride in my ability to jump far and high, without even a foot skimming the bush!

The other day, while working outdoors on our yard, I heard the boys yelling for me to go see what they were doing.  And there they were, jumping over the bushes from the top of our driveway!  My memories were immediately flooded with warm, happy memories of Grandma's house.  I grabbed my camera so I could capture the moment!



No comments: