Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve Night: the night that never ended

Twas The Night Before Christmas.......

The kids, Carson and I drove home from Grandma Barbie and Popie's house while rocking out to some non-Christmas music. I told them they had to get to sleep fast so that Santa would come (since Santa arrives in Utah between 1-5am). We posed in front of the tree for our annual picture and the kids were off to bed and to go to sleep.

Or so we hoped.

After Dave and Aunt Cindy arrived, the kids kept coming out. Taylor kept saying that her heart was racing so we told her to relax and try to fall asleep. And then Jax came out. And then Carson. And then Taylor. (Do you see where I'm going?). At 12:30am or so, Taylor was in tears about her heart so my husband took her vitals and called the ER because her heart rate was too high. Dave and Taylor took off to the ER while Cindy wrapped gifts and I began assembling the play kitchen from Neverland. Dave called around 1:15am and said that Taylor was hooked up to an IV and they were doing tests on her kidneys etc. I kept saying little prayers that everything would be okay for her. And kept working on the kitchen assembly. Dave called around 2:00am and said that the test results came back normal and the doctor said she might just be dehydrated. They arrived home around 2:30am (Cindy was still wrapping and I was still assembling the darn kitchen set). Taylor was still pretty upset and uncomfortable so she came out to the living room every 10 minutes until 4:15am (at this point, Cindy was off to bed and I was still assembling the #&$#& kitchen). In the end, I was off to bed at 4:50am. What a night!

No comments: