Saturday, March 12, 2011

A March Wedding, Ski Afternoon and the Time-share Cat!

March blew in as quickly as February flew by. On the first, we spent the evening at Highland Gardens attending Charelle's wedding (she is Dave's cousin). The wedding ceremony and surroundings were breath-taking. I took a few pictures with my iphone even though they don't turn out too great in the dark.
Lovely Ladies: Barbara, Aunt Colleen and Cheri

I was so happy to squeeze into a black dress I hadn't been able to fit into since 2003.....

I LOVE this picture of Dave with his mom!
Thanks, Barbara, for your great genes!


Dave, his mom and his aunt

Putting it all together....

Highland Gardens was spectacular with all of its greenery. Charelle decorated it with colors from her Dutch heritage, lavenders and tulips. It was a gorgeous wedding and party.

Charelle and her niece, Whitney
(I want to interject here that the Vanderwels KNOW how to coordinate for weddings. There is not one wedding I have attended that hasn't been perfect down to the tiniest detail. Please, any of the Vanderwel girls, when my kids get married, will you be in charge of the cloth swatches!)

Sophie, the time-share cat
Alyssa loves Sophie, the cat we are sharing with the Neiporte family. Sophie is now at our home more than her owner's home. It is perfect for me: a cat to kill all rodents yet one I have have no legal responsibility for!


Another Afternoon on the slopes of
SUNDANCE

Mykin, Christina Natalie and I met after work for a few hours of great skiing. When I arrived there, I decided to take a quick practice run so I could warm up before chasing Christy down the slopes all afternoon. As I was skiing, I heard a man yell, "WOW! Lookin' great from behind!" I didn't even turn since I wondered what weirdo would yell that. When I arrived at the bottom, a man's voice said again, "Wow- lookin' good from behind!" I turned to see a tall, hot guy in goggles and a helmet.......
Dave, my husband!!! For his birthday, his mom would be picking up the kids and then waiting for the school kids so we could ski for a few hours together.
It was perfect! Dave and I did a few runs and then enjoyed some hot chili at the lodge at the top of the mountain while we waiting for Mykin and Christy.
I took this picture of Dave to text to his mom.
Barbara- did you get it?

Hello from me!

Mykin, Christina Natalie and Jody

Breath-taking views!

Christy, cutting it up! She is an incredible skiier! So motivating to go with her! Dave is on the right, putting on his ski after a little tumble...

Here he comes!

Opps!

Master-skier....Christy!

I literally chased her long, brown hair down the mountain!

DANCIN' DAVE
The other night, Taylor started showing us some dance moves from her Jazz and Hip Hop classes. Dave told Taylor she had no idea that her father was a crazy-good break dancer. So, both Taylor and I got a little show. A show we won't forget for a long, long time!

Here we are hearing the tales from Dave's childhood.

Ready to balance on our heads

Like father, like daughter!

The worm!



The oh-so-grand Finale!
Jody's private post show.....

Great times AGAIN in March!
Can't wait for next week as we celebrate Austin's 5th birthday!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

That is hilarious! You should have captured Dave on video and put it up for us all to enjoy!