Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Story Behind Our Family Pictures

Our Children
December 2010

It's not much of a story, but I had to quickly post our family pictures taken in December of 2010 since this is what we all look like going into 2011!


First, one must understand that I have the hugest pet peeve about photographers in this area. So many ladies buy an expensive camera, invest in photoshop and call themselves "photographers" and feel they can immediately charge what the professionals do! A few years ago, one of my ward friends was telling me about her small photography business and flat out said that she charges a ridiculous amount and can get away with it since there are people who will pay her that! Perhaps what turned me off the most was the attitude.

So I was beyond grateful to find a super photographer who charged me a fraction of what others charge because she still feels new in the industry and wants the opportunity to improve her talents. "Bliss and Chaos" is her business name and since this business title could describe my family, I knew it could be a match for both of us!

And it was. It sooooo was!

I am so very pleased with the results! And who would have known? Our photo shoot was 45 minutes of cold and misery. By the end of the shoot, my entire front was covered in mud from Alyssa. Quietly, Dave requested to be photoshopped into the picture next year so he won't have to show up. Anyway, here we are!

THE CHILDREN
Just like any mother in the world, I never grow tired of looking at the faces of my children. They are just so beautiful to me!

I love how Austin is winking in this picture!


Another cute picture of the kids!

ALYSSA JEAN
This little miss is the heart of our home. Each one of the kids has a special relationship with her. I marvel at her smile, the curls that are coming in on her cute head and yes, her cheeks that have been kissed more than any baby's in the world!

Bright-eyed and so darling!!!
I wonder what she is thinking here?

I had so much fun dressing her for the pictures.

Climbing the rocks (the beginning future mud issues)

Alyssa has the funniest, cheesiest grin that she loves to flash! She was FULL of it about 10 minutes into the pictures. Here are some pictures of her that our photographer captured:




TAYLOR JAE
Taylor is growing up so fast now to us. She still loves her dolls, barbies and ponies but gets excited now about "tween-type things" like music, Prince William, clothes and jewelry. Taylor informed me tonight that she wants to be a chef or a care-taker for little animals when she is older. I love teaching her how to cook and help around the house. Tae Bug is a sweetheart and we just couldn't imagine life without our little musical diva!


JAXSON DAVID
Jaxson is the saviest, most exploritory and silliest kid on the block! There is no doubt he has street smarts! He loves to walk around bare foot, ride his bike or scooter, play ANYWHERE but home and find where I hide things. He is my go-t0 kid for any task I need help with. Jaxson is also so brave. While at Disneyland and Sea World a few months ago, he went on every ride he could, no matter how scary! We love our Jaxson so much!


I love his little freckles on his nose and cheeks!

Ahhhh, melt his mama's heart!

AUSTIN LEE
Austin is the cutest little 4 year old in the world to us! He is ambitious as they come! Austin truly desires to be the smartest student in his class and the best athlete. His focus and drive are unmatched. He loves his family, playing with friends, Star Wars, swords and anything LOUD!





Here are some pictures of Dave and the boys. Dave always makes a point to have a few of these taken. Too cute!


(This picture what designed by Jaxson who chose the place and what they were doing. It cracks us up!)

Taylor and her daddy

Here we are: 11 years and counting! So blessed to have found each other! Dave and I are really different yet we have some great commonalities, strengths and weaknesses which compliment each other. We have so much fun together. I LOVE being with him!

Me and my girls! I love having daughters! I imagine us doing so many things together as the girls get older like my mom used to do with us!



6 comments:

Diana said...

Jody I so feel the same way about women and there dang cameras. I always look for a great priced person too. The pictures turned out great! I cannot belive how big your kids are. When did the grow up?

Yo said...

These are all so good! You all look great and the photographer did a great job!!

Melissa said...

Darling, Darling, Darling!!! Oh, my gosh, these are so dang cute! Your kids are seriously Darling! I love these little families that we have. It's so fun to watch your family grow. You look AMAZING! XOXOX Melissa

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Alyssa just cracks me up, I love her facial expressions. Your kids are the cutest!

We're Hatchin' said...

Wow! Those are the best pictures I've ever seen a photographer take! Honestly, they are all gorgeous!!! What cute kids! They all looked so great in EVERY single picture. What a great way to end the old year and ring in the new!

Jenna said...

These are awesome Jod! Love them. Your kids are gorgeous!!!