Monday, January 31, 2011

The Return of Former Hobbies To Today's Life!

Years ago, when I used to introduce myself to people, I felt as though I was a person with lots of interests, hobbies, unique experiences and well, simply interesting! Back in August of 2010, when I was asked to introduce myself to the faculty and share my hobbies outside of work, I panicked to know what say about myself because I realized in that moment, I wasn't doing ANY of my hobbies anymore...and hadn't for about 10 years! I think that part of my introduction went something like this: "Hobbies? I can change a diaper faster than anybody here, whip up a healthy dinner in under 30 minutes, and get 3 kids in 3 different places on time if needed!"

Fast forward. Christmas morning 2010. I was SHOCKED to see that Santa had brought both me and Dave skiis! I couldn't believe it! I used to LOVE skiing but hadn't skiied since my early 20s. But how on earth would we make time to go?

Well, we have! Dave has really committed us, purchasing year passes to Sundance so we can even go biking in the summer. We have been doing our date nights once a week up at Sundance for some night skiing. Moreover, both of us got to ski last week during the week. Dave went up a few times for a couple of hours, and me? Well, Friday was my day! I finished teaching a little after 12:00. Dave had sent me a text reminding me that he would pickup Alyssa and Austin at my normal time and to go and enjoy the afternoon. And I did!

Here are a few pictures of us from the past month:

A cold, winter day at Brighton Resort

Pre-goggle purchase photo of us at the top of the mountain.

Look how happy I look!
(If you could have seen me 5 minutes later, you would have seen a mascara-smeared face from the ice shooting in my eyes. Miserable!)

SUNDANCE RESORT
View from the top. Looking out at Utah County.

Time for some rough skiing!

It looked a bit icy, but I did it just fine.

Thanks, Dave, for the best Christmas gift in the world! I've love it!

No comments: