Saturday, January 22, 2011

Alyssa's First Haircut!

For our daughters, the first haircut always causes a bit of stress for Dave and me. See, Dave believes in long hair. Period. On the other hand, I believe in trimmed hair, whether long or short, so it doesn't look stringy.

When I told Dave I felt it was time to trim Alyssa's hair, FIVE MONTHS AGO, he wasn't ready. So we've waited. Until last week! :) Lucky for us, Tiffany (Julie's daughter) knows hair and how to cut it cute, so she quickly trimmed up Alyssa's hair for me after work.
Alyssa was a hoot! She grinned most of the time for her mommy!


Hold still for the bangs, Lou Lou!

As the stringy ends started to fall off, we noticed that her little waves were curlier than both Tiff and I had thought!

Curls!
(Thanks Grandma Barbie! These curls probably come from you! Maybe "Jean" as a middle name was pure inspiration!)

And here she is!

All cute with her new "do"!

Time to go show daddy........

3 comments:

Yo said...

oh my goodness, she looks adorable!!! Love the haircut and the super cute curls!!!

Melissa said...

I Love it! So dang cute! The first hair cut for girls is always a hard one, but, I'm right there with you; no straggles!

Keith and Charayye said...

So cute! I have the pics from when I did Vander's first haircut I need to post! It was sooo hard for me cause he has naturally curly hair and I LOVED his little curls! But he looks so cute with his spikey hair to:) Alyssa is a doll! And she is soooo happy getting her haircut! That's awesome! I also loved your other recent posts! Your family pics are gorgeous! You look so good!