Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Fun 2010!

Austin
This is an example of what we have felt like over the past few days while celebrating the New Year!

Bringing in the New Year was a bunch of fun. The kids and I played so many board games and watched movies all day long. Jaxson and Austin found a new love: Rock Climbing! I told them they had to quit rock climbing in our home on our fireplace, but before they quit, we took some pictures!

Here is Jaxson scaling the fireplace.



Austin followed right behind. Little daredevil!

Alyssa just sat there as cute as could be watching the boys. She is EVERYWHERE now with her funny little crawl!


Here is the picture I have been waiting for: Alysa drinking from a sippie cup instead of from the milk bar! We have fought it for weeks now and today there was progress!

Taylor is so cute!
She has a new-found sense of fashion and loves to create outfits she feels are stylish.

"Best Friends Are We; My Sister And Me."
This saying is on the girls' bedroom wall. I hope they continue to grow closely.


New Year's Eve!
I don't have many pictures of our New Year's Eve. I'm actually hoping to borrow some off of Yolanda's blog. We went over to Dana and Yo's for the evening along with Steve and Jen Johnston and Nate and Merideth Hult. There is nothing like being with great friends and food! We played some games, including Mafia, andd brought in the new year with fireworks in the front yard.
Swiss Miss
When Taylor was a baby, my dear friend from Switzerland, Rebecca Mueller, came over for a visit and brought me some cute clothes for my new daughter. I unpacked this darling hat recently and put it on our baby. She looked so sweet!


New Year's Day
My Christmas gift was given to me on New Year's Day! Dave pulled out the shelving in our back closet at the beginning of the month and got up the new shelving on Jan 1st. Here is how the afternoon went:

Dave getting the shelving ready!

Alyssa helped mom empty the dishwasher!
Taylor made some fruit porcupines with her mom!


And finally......shelving complete! Love it and thanks for tha great gift!

I have to admit: I love a new beginning!

No comments: