Monday, July 20, 2009

California! Forest Lawn Cemetery, Lindsay BBQ and Disneyland!

By the time we arrived in CA, we were ready for some more action! Vegas had been fun and we were ready for part two of our adventure!

We began with several hours at a cemetery called Forest Lawn where Dave's grandparents and uncle are buried. We found their graves and spent a long time digging out the holes where you can put flowers.


Aunt Jeana and Austin!

Our Family
Putting flowers on the grave
Later on in the day, we drove to cousin Jimmy's house for BBQ ribs. The Lindsay clan in CA is known for the best ribs I've ever eaten. Seriously! We enjoyed the afternoon and evening with Dave's cousins.
Michael and Dave

DISNEYLAND!
I want to know why everyone thinks Disneyland is so magical? We've been twice now and both times, I've felt hot, sweaty and ripped off by the end! It cost our family $310 dollars to enter and another $100 in food by the time we left. Dave was ready to go after only 6 hours so do the math: quite the expensive experience which the kids liked a lot but not as well as the beach and Sea World. Lesson Learned!



4 comments:

Jenna said...

Looks like you guys had a great CA vacation. Ok, so the Disneyland thing - you must come with me sometime in mid Jan when the weather is gorgeous, there are no people, and you take a picnic lunch so you don't have to spend a fortune on food. Totally different experience!!! And I can not get over that baby. She is delicious!!!! Miss you!

Judy said...

Totally agree on the Disneyland thing. We took our kids last year. I wish we'd gone to Sea World.

Your kiddos are so cute... especially that little Alyssa! I just wanna squeeze her.

Keith and Charayye said...

I LOVE Disneyland! How fun you got to take your kids! I was seriously just telling Keith the other day that I can't wait to take Vander when he is older! Ya know when he recognizes the characters and everything! I think it will be so cute! And I LOVE your little baby! She is sooooooooo flippin cute! I want to squeeze her little cheeks!

Sonya said...

Jody, I can see what you're saying about Disneyland. I didn't go until I was 18, and I thought"what is the big deal?"Maybe my expectations were too high! Then taking the kids it was just alot of work and so tiring! But a few years ago, Brian and I went alone, yeah we didn't take our kids with us to Disneyland! And it was a BLAST! Now I do LOVE Disneyland. We want to go again just as a couple.