
I have always loved the 4th of July for many reasons: great party for America, fireworks, great food, being with family or friends! As I've become older, I see it as all those things except that they are secondary to the fact that I can do all of those things because of the blessed land we live in! Therefore, I find myself pondering and giving prayers of thanks for the many, many individuals who have sacrificed so much for my freedoms and those of my children. I'm so grateful to them and their families for this precious gift!
My ward has a tradition of holding a pancake breakfast at 8:00am on the morning of July 4th. This year, they chose to have a kids parade where the kids threw the candy to the parents! Needless to say, the least amount of candy in the history of the ward was actually thrown but the kids had a ball! Here are some of our memories!

Dave and his parents (hopefully they will continue to join us in this tradition!)

Jaxson was ready for the parade!

Taylor and Austin in the "jeep car." Does anybody notice the nice neighbor pushing it? We forgot to charge the battery the night before and the jeep car hardly had any power! It has a hoot! Also, notice the decorating job done by my children! Our vehicle was the most poorly decorated yet the cutest since it was obvious our children did it without me!


Austin's best buddy, Parker!

Later in the afternoon, we went to the Lindsays for a family celebration. The food was yummy as always!



Grandma Barbie always makes the most fun cupcakes for the kids!

Poppie and his girl relaxing in the backyard

Grandma Barbie bought these balls for the kids to play with. The boys loved putting them in a basket and dumping them on other people's heads!


Sneaking up on Dave, who is obviously anticipating the big dump!




Dave and Jaxson, ready to retrieve a ball thrown over the fence on the neighbor's yard!


Here is a picture of my fruit pizza! Fun and Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment