Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Memories 2008

Christmas Eve at Grandma Barbie and Poppie's House
We enjoyed Christmas Eve at Dave's parent's home with his sisters Cindy and Cheri. It was the perfect lead-in to Christmas Day. Here are my top 5 memories!
Top 5 Memories
5. Opening presents from the Lindsay side!
4. Delicious Ham Dinner with Barbara's yummy pineapple/walnut stuffing.
3. Discussing at dinner for the 2nd time what we should name our soon-to-be-born daughter!
2. Watching our children and Carson attempt to reverently act out the story of the birth of Jesus.
1. Learning that my father-in-law, Dale, had been in a LA gang as a young man......
WE LOVE IT AT GRANDMA BARBIE'S HOUSE!
Dave and Taylor on Christmas EveJaxson, acting the part of JosephAustin as the WisemanTaylor as MaryKids ready to come down the hall for everybody!Listening to Poppie read in the book of LukeAustin, trying to be reverantPRESENT TIME!!!!!
After leaving our grandparent's home, we came back to our house to get ready for bed! The kids were so excited! They wrote their "lists" for Santa, put out the cookies and milk and quickly hit the sack!
Jaxson (4), Taylor (7), Carson (8) and Austin (2)
Christmas Eve 08
Christmas Morning!
At 4 am, I heard voices coming from the room where the kids were sleeping. I went in to tell them to be quiet and go back to sleep since we weren't getting up until 7:00am. They were so hyped since they had seen the trail of reindeer drops (hershey kisses) leading to the living room so they knew that Santa had come! For the next 1 1/2 hours, I went in every 10-15 mintues to tell them to be quiet and go back to sleep! It reminded me of the days of yore when all of my siblings and I used to sleep in the same attic room and my brothers would wake up in the middle of the night and yell down the vents, "Merry Christmas! Can we come down now?" It always provoked the Christmas morning argument.....
Time to run in the living room to see what Santa brought!
Taylor and Jaxson got roller skates from Santa! They were so excited! The boys received new bedspreads for their new bunkbeds from mom and dad

Austin and Aunt Cindy!

Carson was thrilled to add to his Lego collection
LAST FAMILY PICTURES
I HATE pictures of myself when pregnant! My face is huge, my 8 chins just hang there, my neck and arms can make any NFL football player jealous and then my belly...... it is so huge, it practically blocks the sun if I'm in front of you!
Having said that, here is the last picture any of you will see of me until the birth of our little sweetie! :)
Dale
Barbara
Merry Christmas 2008! We had a wonderful Christmas season and feel very blessed to have good health, a baby coming soon, jobs and the gospel in our lives! Love to all!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Jody, You have honestly just made my night! I have laughed so hard, it's not even funny! In fact, I just made Clayn come in & read it. Thanks for the chuckle!!! All I can say is that Dave totally wants you to be prepared! Go Dave!! Sorry Jody! Maybe next year, we should all email him & let him know what you WANT!!! Let me know ahead of time & I'll send it as the 12 days of Christmas to him. It might work!?!

Chelle said...

What a fun post! I do believe you did a much better job of creating a spiritual atmosphere than we did with our Christmas story. Ours ended up with me yelling at the kids and whisking them off to bed.

Your gift had me roaring because of a blog post of another friend. You need to go watch this: http://bewareofthedoghouse.com/videoPage.aspx I'll e-mail you my friend's blog address as well and you can read her little experience.

It is because of the possibility of gift-receiving experiences like yours that I make a list (a really long list) of all kinds of things I would love to receive for Christmas. I include item numbers, web site information, specific stores to shop at with DETAILED information regarding the items I want. That way Jared has a smorgasboard of gifts to choose from--I'm happy and he's not nervous about wondering if he got me something I'll enjoy. Then he usually tries to come up with one thoughtful gift. It's awesome and it totally works for us. I recommend this practice to ladies all the time. In the meantime, grind away my friend, grind away.

Andrew and Charonne- said...

how funny about the wheat grinder, i dont know what they are thinking sometimes. I have learned that if there is someting i want i HAVE to talk about it non-stop! Like this year, i told Andrew i really wanted the "friends" game. Well i kept talking about the game all through december and a few days before christmas he said he went and got it for me, but he wasnt planning on getting it for me, but then i didnt stop talking about it and he clued in and got it! That was like the 1 thing that i was asking for and saying that i really wanted, and he wasnt planning on getting it! Whats up with that?!

Judy said...

Funny! I forwarded it on to Michael so he could read it. That video Rachelle talked about, the doghouse video... I sent that to Michael before Christmas (he's prone to gifts like the wheat grinder) and he was like "I thought the memory for the computer was a great idea" (you'll know once you watch the video). And he would... anyway, maybe the video of the guys in the doghouse for giving crappy gifts helped Michael or I don't know what... but he did better this year than he ever has.