Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jody's To Do List ASAP

So we've known since the end of May that we are having a baby in January/February. Here we are- 9 MONTHS LATER- and the following things have yet to get done:

1. Get Dave to get crib set up
2. Purchase diapers
3. Find, Sort and Wash Taylor's baby clothes
4. Remember what I need to buy for a newborn
5. Eat some chocolate (cause after this kid comes, it's all salmon and salad for the next 3 months!)
6. Start packing a bag with things for the hospital (thanks mom again for the bathrobe- I'll look so hot in red!)
7. Buy memory card for video camera
8. Wash bedding from downstairs in storage
9. Try to fit in a pedicure on my swollen feet
10. DECIDE ON A NAME FOR THIS KID!

On the bright side, my student teacher is awesome. She is a few years older than me but her kids are significantly older than mine (15, 18,19) so she has a maturity and experience about her that most BYU students in their early 20's lack. She and I have been co-teaching this week and will continue to do so until I have this nameless child.

I have my 37 week appointment tomorrow. I'm scheduled to be induced by week 39 if I don't go on my own. We're almost there! Hope I can mentally make it!

8 comments:

Jenna said...

SO glad you got a good student teacher this time! I can't believe this baby is coming in 3 weeks. And I really, really can't wait to hear what her name is. :-) Love you!!!!

Sandy said...

Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see the little cutie! I didn't get to vote, so I am going with Nicole.

Andrew and Charonne- said...

im so excited! Do i get to come see you and her in hospital?!

Vickey said...

Yay Jodi!!!
HWho are you kidding? you are good to go with chocolate for at least a month after the baby comes.
I am so happy that things are working out well for you. Good luck on all those things on your list.

Vickey said...

Oh yes, I didn't get to vote either, but I vote for Alyssa or Nicole.

Brooks and Wendy said...

Please let me know what I can do to help! I'm going to call you, because I know you won't call and ask me! I hope you're feeling ok and I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see your beautiful baby girl, hopefully sooner than later! :)

Keith and Charayye said...

Hey Jody! We are in the same boat with the name thing! Granted he's not due for another 4 months but still! Boy names are hard! We had a girls name, but this boy stuff is a little harder! Your family has grown so fast they are so cute! We just went to "babies r us"and registered! It was so fun looking at all that stuff! It's so wierd I'm pregnant! I'm still not use to looking at myself with this tummy poking out! It freaks me out sometimes but I love it!!! By the way if I had to choose between to of the names for you I like Alyssa or Tasia! I think I like Alyssa the best though! I just asked Keith and he likes Alyssa to the best:) I'm so happy you're having another girl! How fun!!! I hope you are doing well, sounds like your miserable at times! I hear ya! I'm only a little over five mionths and I sometimes am uncomfortable! I can only imagine when I'm as far as you! Well I'm so happy for you and David! You make such beautiful cute kids! Hope all goes well for you both! Love you guys!

Alane Ferney said...

I applaud you completely!! There is no way EVER that I could be having a baby at OUR age. You are amazing! The sleepless nights would just kill me. Good thing you really are still young! It's very possible, that while you are having this baby....I will be basking in the sun in Florida! (Sick of this yucky Utah air anyway!) I hope and pray everything goes fabulous! You're GREAT!!! (The name "Alane" is pretty good...... :D )