My mother-in-law called this morning to see if the boys wanted to go over to her home for a few hours so I could rest. I'm not stupid, so I said "YES--that would be great!" After she left, I fell asleep while Taylor watched a movie for an hour or so.
About an hour later, my in-laws, Cheri and Dale came in and told me that Dave had been in a car accident and had been at the hospital for several hours getting CAT scans on his neck and back. I was in shock, trying to wake up and simply wondering how bad Dave was! Cheri drove Taylor and I to the hospital where Dave had just come out of his second CAT scan. Our little Taylor got really emotional and was trying not to cry when she saw Dave. Luckily he was able to talk to her a little bit so that helped calm her down.
Thankfully, we are home with Dave tonight. No broken bones, no wounds, some scratches but he'll be so sore over the next multiple days. The gal who hit him was tailgating him for a mile and when he went to slow down for a stop light, she plowed into the back of him, hitting him hard enough that it sent his truck into the vehicle in front of his! Apparently she told the police that she wasn't used to driving stick shift and couldn't stop. I've got a few neighbors on call tonight to help us out if I go into labor because Dave won't be able to drive me (he is so doped up).
Can you believe the timing of this?
Again, I am just so thankful that Dave was watched over today. Another blessing in our lives....
8 comments:
Are you kidding??? Life is so scary! I am so glad that Dave is okay! Wow. Hope you are REALLY hanging in there now! Hope he heals quick! XOXO
I"m sorry to hear about Dave! I hope he is doing better. What rotten luck, you guys are the "luckiest" people I know, the "Lindsay Luck"
wow, im glad he is ok, that is the worst feeling!
I swear your family keeps the medical profession in business. I hope Dave is doing okay. What a wake-up call. It's so easy to just get in a groove and become complacent and forgetful of our priorities and blessings.
The next hospital visit had better bring about some good news. And I hope this baby doesn't come home without a name. At this point, you just need to pick your favorite and tell Dave to deal with it :)
GEEZ Jody! I can't believe it. I'm glad he's ok - terrible timing, but it could have been so much worse. Good luck this week. I'm thinking about you!!
Glad he's ok! I'm excited to hear about your baby. Good luck, I'm thinking about you guys!
Oh my gosh! I'm so happy he is ok! How nerve racking! I hope you're doing ok to:) Let David know I love him and happy he is ok
Holy Cow!! I can't believe it! I'm glad that Dave's okay, but what timing?! I hope he's had a good recovery. I'm also glad that it didn't put you into a stress-triggered labor! Give Dave our best!
Post a Comment