So, the ultrasound day arrived. Dave and I went down to the doctor....and I caved. We decided to learn the gender. We got a clear shot of the area!
After soccer practice, all of our neighbors and friends came over for homemade pizza and ice cream. We had everybody gather around on the deck and gave our children little boxes, containing clues about the gender of the baby! Check out this video to see what is coming into our home in 4 1/2 months!
Jaxson and his box
Some of our neighbors after the big reveal!
Riley and Dana
Dave and Merideth, who is due right before me!

Taylor's real excitement kicked in when everybody left! Her prayers were so cute. "Heavenly Father, Thank you so much for my family and I'm so excited to have a sister because I wanted a sister more than a brother. I am so happy to share my room with her and we want to have matching beds and I'm so happy to be a big sister." And on and on! Jaxson and I had this conversation this morning: "Mom, when we have the baby, I'm going to hold it when you cook rice." I replied, "Yes I'm going to need your help so much when I'm in the kitchen cooking." Jaxson's response: "Yes, when you cook rice, I'll hold the baby so it won't cry." Austin's conversations have gone as followed: "Austin, are you so excited to be a big brother to a baby sister?" "No! A bluther!" (that would be "brother").
9 comments:
Congrats you guys! That is so exciting you're having another girl. Best of luck.
Love,
Stefanie Nickolaisen
ANOTHER BABY GIRL?! so exciting !!!!! Congrats! Taylor really needed a sister1
How fun! I am so excited for you guys! That is so good that Taylor gets to have a sister!
Congrats! How exciting to get another little girl, for Taylor!
We're so excited for you! Thanks for letting us be a fly on the wall. Congratulations!!
Yeah! Little girls are so fun! That is so great! Your family is so cute! Good luck!!
CONGRATULATIONS! Please tell me you're not serious...that you were actually considering waiting until delivery to discover the gender?!?! What's up with that girl?!?!?!?! I'm picking myself up off the floor now. I'm glad you had the good sense to give into the pressure. Good call, Dave, on getting Taylor in on it as well. I'm so kidding, sort of.
My suggestion is that you make rice daily after the babe is born. After all, sometimes we can't pick and choose what kind of help people are willing to offer but once the parameters are set and communicated you can make your sneaky plans. Heh-heh-heh.
I imagine Taylor is in heaven. So fun. Now that she's having a blood sister, I hope she doesn't forget about her other sisters!
Congratulations. You guys are cute to make a game out of it. We're really excited for you!
WAHOO!! I'm so excited for you! :-) Baby girls are so much fun. Yeah!!!
Post a Comment