Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Made it to 12 weeks! Finally Relaxing A Bit!

Even though we got a heartbeat at 8 weeks with the ultrasound, I have still been so nervous about losing this pregnancy. I just haven't been sick. Hardly at all! One of my friends, Merideth, has hardly been sick too and we both discovered that our doctors put us both on Prometrium, a hormone enhancer that is supposed to improve the odds of miscarrying. Merideth relayed to me that her doctor informed her a side effect of Prometrium is less sickness during pregnancy. I kind of relaxed when she told this to me yet after weeks of feeling great, it was hard to believe that Prometrium could make me feel THAT well!

So, today at the doctor's office, they couldn't get a heartbeat with the sonar so in my mind I thought, "Here we go again- just more of life's luck dealt my way." He said not to panic- that at 12 weeks, only about 50% of heartbeats could be detected with the sonar-thing. He said, we had better do an ultrasound. Quite quickly, we were able to see the baby move, jump upward and watch the heart beat flicker. It was awesome. Dr Allen says I only have a 3% chance of a miscarriage at this point so I need to "relax and let it be" best I can. I feel just grateful and excited about this baby. Both Dave and I feel relieved at this point.It hit me tonight that I have been guarded about becoming attached to this pregnancy. I got out my books and stuff for the 1st time and just got all excited.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Congratulations! That's awesome. It looks like another little boy to me ;) just kidding. I bet Taylor is dying for a sister.

Jenna said...

I'm so excited for you Jod! Can't wait to meet this little peanut! Wahoo.

Katie said...

I am so happy to hear you can now "relax" I am excited for you!

Annalee said...

Hi Lindsays!

Congrats on the baby! We are so excited for you! I have been meaning to get on your blog for months and finally did tonight! I love the AI pics too! I bet that was SO fun! You guys are so awesome! Love, Dimonds