Monday, February 6, 2017

Alyssa's Baptismal Day

 On Saturday morning, I arose early to make some more food and tried to get my thoughts in a place to appreciate and embrace Alyssa's baptism.  We fed the kids and adults cold cereal for breakfast and then got ready for the baptism.  
Alyssa's baptism was just beautiful.  She looked lovely and was excited to be baptized.  We had a large group of our tribe: family, close friends, and leaders/ward members all came out to show their love and support to us and our family.  Dave got choked up giving the baptismal prayer.  He has such a tender spot for her in his heart.  I love their relationship.  It melts me.  I was asked to share my testimony before she was confirmed.  I couldn't hear much of the prayer, sadly, so I don't know what he said....and he says he can't remember! ha ha!  I'm sure it was a beautiful confirmation.

After the service, we took pictures outside and then headed to our house for a dinner for about 50 people.  What a great time!  We ate yummy food and had great conversations with each other for several hours.

Mom and Dad left for Justin's house since they were flying out on Monday.  This visit has been so great since we have been homesick for them.  Brandon and his family were the last ones with us.  The kids went to the park, we watched a movie, ate a pizza dinner, played tons of board games, and just enjoyed each others' company.  
Life is so good.  I feel very blessed.  We ARE blessed.
































No comments: