As Fall Break Hit, I had a list of 26 things I needed to get done before heading off to Idaho! Yes, 26! Going from my schedule from the past 10 years to working full-time this year, I have lost about 15 hours a week to the classroom. Yes, I am happy with my working situation; however, I seem to be running from behind. sigh
On Friday morning, the kids and I left for Idaho! With mom and dad leaving for Arizona, they wanted to spend more time with us so we went up to Idaho to spend 3 days with them. On our way, we stopped and shopped at Fashion Place Mall for a few hours to pick up some things for the kids. We finally made it up to Chesterfield where we were welcomed by a bunch of little kittens! I knew immediately that the kids would be entertained the entire weekend!
Justin's family ended up coming because of the Saturday Cattle Drive. TOOOOO FUN! On Friday night, we made caramel apples with all of the nieces and nephews. They LOVED them! The kids were so cute decorating their apples. Even the adults couldn't quit eating the apples. LOL!
The next morning, the 1st phrase of riders left at 6:00am and I was left in charge of the little kids! They slept in until 8:00am so we got them breakfast and then headed up the canyon. What an incredible day! The weather was unseasonably warm. My brothers made certain my kids got to ride....and they rode a LOT! I was in heaven, except for missing Dave being there with us. He loves stuff like that.
In the evening, after our cattle drive naps and watching some of the DVDs mom had made from the slides she took in the 1970s, we went to the Hot Pots in Lava Hot Springs. So funny that it was the 1st time I had taken our kids there. They LOVED them, but they were packed (mostly with people with Utah license plates- booo!)
At church the next day, we got to hear my cousin's son report his mission and then after church, eat lunch with all of my cousins. Our weekend was filled with tons of laughs, work, good food, growing positive relationships, and making memories together...just like we did as a family growing up. When Dad walked in Saturday night from having worked at the temple all day, the grandkids were running up and hugging his legs and saying that they missed him. When Dad gave me a hug, he said, "Jody, THIS is what life is all about." Yes, our family has been so blessed. Such a fun weekend in Idaho with family!











1 comment:
Looks like a great experience for them!
Post a Comment