Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Jaxson's Eagle Mountain Bike Race


Jaxson and I arose at 5:15am for his Eagle Mountain Bike Race.  We had to put the Yukon into 4-wheel drive to get to the valley to the south of cousin Doug's house.  While we waited, I wrote Taylor's talk for church and watched a beautiful sunrise.  I was grateful to spend the morning thinking about my sweet son, my family, and the blessings we enjoy.

Our race time finally came up.  It was a cool morning.  We inched our way to the start line where I heard a familiar voice.  There was Dave's cousin, Brian Vanderwel, with Uncle Jim!  So fun!  I showed Brian where Jaxson was in the middle of the sea of bikers.  Brian was so sweet and said, "I want to go and talk to him."  And he did!  It was awesome to have family there with us.

The race took Jaxson about 37 minutes.  He did an amazing job!  We are proud of him and his drive to do his best.











No comments: