Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

 "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
Abraham Lincoln

My mother is incredible!  She is an elect lady who has given her life to her family, church and countless students, both secularly and religiously.  I love and admire her greatly.  It was wonderful to be able to talk to her in the mission field.


How true!  These children are gifts from heaven!  I remember being in the mission field and, during a hard night with a very hard companion, I read my Patriarchal blessing and literally felt the strength of my future children to get me through the loneliest night of my life.  They keep me grounded, keep me humble and filled with pride all in one!  

 
Love Notes For Our Grandma on Mother's Day!
 Since we wouldn't be able to see our Grandma until the evening, we made plans to put up love notes and pictures of the kids on her outside door to surprise her on her way out the door to church!  On Saturday, it was wet and windy.  It was obvious that nothing would stick.  So Dave and I ran over to Grandma's house to tape it all up for the next morning.

When we arrived at Grandma's house, the kids were trying to be so sneaky!  So cute!  Here are some pictures!


Barbara is an amazing mother and grandmother.  She is so supportive of our children and loves them fiercely.  We are all grateful for her life of service to her family and church.  I'm so grateful my children have a wonderful example and role model.

It was a lovely day with French toast and eggs in bed, beautiful music and talks at church, a morning "nap", talking to our favorite missionary on the phone and ending with time with Grandma and Poppie.  Yes, a simple, yet heart-felt celebration of motherhood at its best!

No comments: