Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Our First Track Meet.....and Jaxson's "Moment!"

 One thing I have worked really hard to do is to expose our children to different things so they can find their own talents and ambitions.  Jaxson has been a tough one:  he didn't like the two years of soccer we sat through, two seasons of baseball and a season of football.  All he asked for was gymnastics, so I put him in a class this past January.  And he has thrived!

One evening, I had a rare opportunity to just sit and watch him in class.  During the warm-up, the boys were asked to run.  Jaxson runs so beautifully.  I watched him and thought, "That boy should be running."  Luckily, my neighbor had told me about a track program her daughter had run with so I carefully crafted a conversation with Jax about track on the way home.  And it worked:  he said he would do it!

Our first track meet!  It was awesome!  The kids had their new shoes and were ready to run! 

Jaxson ended up coming in first place in his heat for the 50 m and the 100 m.  He was the overall winner for the 100 m!  So cool!



Run, son, RUN!  You are so far in the lead!  YAY!!!!!

No comments: