Every Tuesday, Taylor has voice lessons a short distance from where I teach, so I always take the kids to my classroom for 45 minutes so I can attempt to get a few things done and the kids can play school.
Last week, Jaxson asked me if he could leave a message for my students on the white board. I didn't want to erase it so I said, "No, son." Then Jaxson asked if he could write notes to put on their desks. I was in the middle of lesson planning and gave a quick "Sure, whatever" so I could focus on what I was doing.
When it was time to leave, I stood up and looked at the 43 desks in the classroom. On each corner was a little note:
I about DIED! I went to take them off and Jaxson threw a fit so in my mind, I thought I would leave it until I arrived the next morning.
Fourteen hours later, when I arrived, the notes seemed even funnier to me, so I decided to see what the students' reaction would be! I locked my door and we gathered out in the hall. I explained to them that my son had left them a note. When they walked in, they all died laughing! The kids LOVED the notes. Many students put them on their shirts and wore them around all morning. Other students left theirs there for the next class.
And best, when I arrived the next morning to work, guess what was hanging on my classroom door?
:)
Yes, Jaxson, "love you" was the best thing that has happened at work in a long, long time. And we love you too.

1 comment:
Awwww that seriously melts my heart, the most cutest stinking thing ever. :-) Yay Jaxson!
Post a Comment