Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Break 2010: Las Vegas, baby!

The morning after Jaxson's birthday party, the kids and I were off to Las Vegas! Brandon and Charlotte's new baby son was going to be blessed on Sunday so we wanted to be part of the action and soak up some Spring Break sun....

The drive down was awesome. For the first time since I've had children, I didn't have a baby or toddler scream and bawl the entire drive. Think about that for a second: for almost 11 years, anytime I have driven anywhere (even to the grocery store), I have dealt with screaming, bawling children. I could actually almost hear the voices in my head again! HAH!
We went straight to our hotel. A former student of mine, Amber, hooked us up with some awesome Marriott rooms near the strip. We were about 25 minutes from Brandon's house but with cheap rooms and a continental breakfast, we couldn't beat staying there!

SWIMMING
If you ask my children what they loved the most about Vegas, they would respond with "swimming and playing with cousins." All of the nieces and nephews were very excited to stay in a hotel. I guess with 7 kids and cousins galore, we stay with family and friends when we travel.


Uncle Jeff with Madison and Jax

Jana and Alyssa

Connected at the hip: cousins Taylor and Jessica

Sadie with her daddy, Brandon!

Grandma Rae Rae with beautiful little Brinlee

And here is our lovely Aunt Nicole, enjoying a great read poolside. Jealous!




Uncle Dan was so much fun to play with in the pool!


Aunt Jenny!



Cutie Pie ZOE!


Dad and Jeff enjoyed a good visit while we swam


EASTER EGG HUNT
After our swim, we drove to a huge park and had a quick Easter Egg Hunt with the kiddos. Although it was fast, the kids had a great time.










Our beautiful new baby nephew!



Easter Sunday
After a fabulous breakfast at the Marriott, we zoomed across town for Brevan's baby blessing. The kids and I arrived at the church at 8:56. I knew my siblings were 10-15 minutes later than me so I was certain they would miss the blessing. But when I arrived, there were only a few people in the chapel. No organ music, no bishopric. The Hatch clan just might make it!

And they did. They last family walked in at 9:15, just in time for the beginning of church. The blessing was beautiful and the Easter Sunday talks were perfect.

Cousins!


Jenny's little sons. Adorable!

Ginger, Josh, Dan and Jenny





Justin, recuperating after almost missing the entire meeting....


After a yummy lunch in a park near Brandon and Charlotte's home, we all went back to the hotel and slept a little and then went back to their home for games and fun. The kids were restless so we went to a favorite park about a mile from the house. Here are some pictures of the kiddos:
Jenny's precious little Preston!

Austin LOVED his little cousins. They played together so cute.

We love our Sadie girl! She always wants Aunt Jody to take her pictures so I do!

Baby Doll Alyssa!


Dan, Jenny and Brandon played their favorite dice game





This is a favorite picture! Love these little kids!


Monday Morning
After a fabulous sleep, scrumptious breakfast and a 2 hour swim in the pool, we packed up and left our Marriott suite. Here are some pictures of Dan bringing the luggage AND the "kitchen sink" down the hall.
We said our good-byes to Jenny and Dan's beautiful young family.....




BRANDON AND CHARLOTTE'S HOUSE
The kids and I drove over the Brandon and Charlotte's house to spend another day with them. We ended up hitting 2 more parks, ate great enchiladas and caramel Sundays and I held and held little Brevan before we had to go.

It was a whirlwind, fun weekend, topped off with yet another drive home without any bawling or fighting from the kids. What a gift! Having a great family is a gift. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Oh what a fun trip!!! :-) Love all the pictures! Thanks!

Hunts said...

You never cease to amaze me. Love and admire you!