
Choosing a word for 2012 has been a challenge for me again but when I settled on the word "focus", I knew within seconds it was the one for me.
FOCUS
This word is perfect for me for the 2012 year. I am the type of person who takes on a lot each day and has a lot on her plate! Dave and I chose to have four children, each who has strong needs and demands for my constant attention every day. My dedicate myself everyday to meet these needs. I am an educator. I have to bring my best game to work each day so that I can teach what I want to teach: German! I have to work hard to keep a high enrollment (this year, I have 185 students in only 5 classes, enough for full-time but I choose to remain part-time). My church calling is with the Mia Maids in my ward. I teach them and make it to most Wednesday night activities. On top of all of this, I have an incredible husband who works so hard for our family. This devotion to his profession makes me carry pretty much carry the load of family CEO alone.
So why FOCUS?
Because this year, 2012, there are certain areas of my life on which I want to have laser-like focus for the duration of the year.
FOCUS
Family Focus:
I will focus on the individual needs on my children. I want to focus on their strengths and weaknesses. Music, developing talents, progressing academically....all of which will have focus for the kids. We will continue to consistently read. We will focus on playing more games as a family because as my mother says, "A family that plays games together will stay together." :) This focus will bring me the peace I need as a mother so that at the end of each day, the needs of the children will be met as best they could be met.Physical Focus:
I have made super strides in this area (I have lost 33 pounds in the past 16 months) but I still have more goals to reach. I have two more weight goals to reach: the first, my wedding weight (15 lbs to go) and the second, to be determined at that time at what is healthy and realistic for me to sustain. I want to complete a half marathon in the summer. I want to continue to cook healthy for my family.Spiritual Focus:
We will read the Book of Mormon as a family this year. We will be more consistent with our Family Home Evenings (the routine-less summers are difficult for us). I want to feel more led by the spirit each day of my life. I will spend more time on my knees pleading for guidance in how to meet the needs of my family.Professional Focus:
We will reform our online business and pursue it further. We will use this business as a family business so that we are all involved. I will continue to focus on teaching students as best I can AND to teach them life's tools. FOCUS
This is my word for 2012. With laser-like focus on my children, my physical goals, my profession and work and on the spiritual needs of myself and family, we can make progress in the 2012 year doing the things which really matter and not on the things which seem important.Now to bed so that I can arise early to Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and spinach eggs...!
2 comments:
Your awesome!!! We have the same spritual goal as a family. Last night did not go so well. We did it but it was not very fun! I love my Jillian videos & I think you look amazing!!! Happy New Year & good Lukc with the goals:)
Sounds like a great choice and I am still so proud of your weight loss! Way to go and the half marathon goal sounds awesome!
Post a Comment