Later that day, we went to the much-anticipated neighborhood party at the Lee/Holmes home. We had a huge BBQ, games for the kids, little tractor-lawnmower rides and then ended with an outdoor movie with a screen that spanned almost 2 stories in height! We have the best neighbors and truly live in the most FUN neighborhood ever.
Favorite family: the Gleeds!
Meredith brought to my attention that our husbands have something in common: both of them dished up themselves at the BBQ without blinking about helping get the kids their plates! I laughed and told her that this has been going on for years! Even at the Lindsay Family parties, Dave's sisters and mom will dish up the kids while he goes through the line! :) Love you Dave!
Best meat chef on the block: DANA!
Let me insert here that Keeley is the greatest teenage girl in the world! I really, really love her. She babysits for me (even though she is 17) and simply loves my kids. We lucked out when her family bought the Johnston's home last year. We just lucked out.
On Sunday, church was awesome as we heard stories of both the old and modern-day pioneers. As a family, we enjoyed a yummy dinner after church.
Saturday Morning (July 23rd) Bike Ride
Jaxson, showing us that he can bike up steep hills!Monday was also considered a holiday so the party had to keep going! :) After a great run in the morning, the kids and I ran some errands and then had lunch with one of my former missionary companions, Heidi Thomas Miller, her husband and 2 of their 4 adorable kids. It was so awesome to spend the afternoon visiting with her and Creed. They are so fun and just down to earth. When they left, I heard Dave saying how cool they were and how Heidi is the type of person he could hang with for hours. They have just wrapped up their 3rd year in Germany and now will be moving to Budapest, Hungary for the next 3 years.
My kids LOVED Mallory.
Love this Heidi-girl so much!
Heidi and Creed with Luke and MalloryIn the evening, we enjoyed a great evening at Barbara and Dale's home with Cindy, Carson, Cheri, Steve and Elex. We ate the yummiest food (because the Lindsays can cook) and then had an explosive firework show in the drizzling rain. Dave and Cheri sprang for some great fireworks and they didn't disappoint. In fact, what the kids and I won't forget was almost lighting the neighbor's garage on fire....3 TIMES!!!
1 comment:
I just have to say that I'm so glad that my Dad is not the only one who gives the kids a ride with the riding lawn mower. That makes me laugh! But he also, will drive the lawn mower to the store after he has mowed the lawn for a drink. I tell you only in Bear River City. It looks like you had a fun time! Your kids are darling!
Post a Comment