Change is difficult. Terribly difficult! Instead of focusing on what we are losing (with our friends leaving), this post is about celebrating the new beginnings in our family and in our neighborhood.
Hope's Birthday
First, our niece's birthday at Grandma and Poppie's home!
First, our niece's birthday at Grandma and Poppie's home!
Baby Girl Alyssa Goes To Nursery
Well, she doesn't go on her own, but she goes! :)
It's happening. Our baby has become a toddler overnight. Perhaps everybody else has seen it, but we just haven't.....until now. Alyssa has got words, expressions and is even starting to bend her knees a bit when she runs. Crazy how this is all flying by!
Well, she doesn't go on her own, but she goes! :)
It's happening. Our baby has become a toddler overnight. Perhaps everybody else has seen it, but we just haven't.....until now. Alyssa has got words, expressions and is even starting to bend her knees a bit when she runs. Crazy how this is all flying by!
Couples Night Out at Red Lobster
The Last Supper.....or was it?
We met at Red Lobster with our group of close friends before the big Johnston move. Here are some of my favorite shots (and I have learned that my iPhone doesn't photograph well in the dark)
A New Family Sport......GOLF! Kids' Style!
We took our children for the first time golfing at Trafalga and they loved it! Alyssa ran around the grabbed our golf balls, but we had the best time together.Taylor and Jaxson's 1st Day of School
It arrived. FINALLY! The kids loved their first day of school. Taylor is in the 4th grade and Jaxson is in first grade. It has been kind of refreshing just having Austin and Alyssa at home for a few hours before the oldest two come home from school.This year, Dave was out of town so Grandma Barbie came over to get pictures of the kids (since I was teaching). She went the extra mile and even drove over during lunch to get their pictures eating! Thanks Grandma Barbie!
Even with the corndog......
Coming Home From School:
Candybar Poster Tradition
I make a candybar poster for the kids once a year, on their first day of school. I had them on their bed. I did one for Austin as well, since he is doing pre-school at Julie's home. Here are their reactions:Candybar Poster Tradition
We held our final good-bye party for the Johnstons at the park behind our homes. So many of our friends, neighbors and ward members showed up to wish them the best.
Sometimes adults are more difficult than children when taking pictures....
What a long post! Dave and I are so grateful for the friends and family who bless our lives. We constantly shake our heads when we talk about how rich our lives are because of the people who have been placed in our lives at this time. Here's to New Beginnings......and yes, "Good Times in Cedar Hills."



6 comments:
What a great post!! Hope the rest of your year is as fun as your summer has been!
here, here!!!
It sounds like you've been very busy. Can I just say you're lookin' great Jody! I hope the kids are enjoying this new school year! As we looked at the pictures, Sydney said, "Are those my friends?" She pointed out Jax and Taylor and Austin, then asked me if Alyssa got hurt. Evidently she remembers the wasps. Please tell the kids and Dave hello for us!
Jody - You are such a great mom! I feel bad that the first days of school I was trying to keep my head from falling off... and maybe my kiddos would have had a better beginning if I would have been as good as you were! Loved the posters. We need to take a few notes out of the Lindsay's family book... and learn how to play more. You guys always have such a great time. One of these days we'll have to catch up. Love you guys!
Okay so are they the ones that moved to Temecula? Cause if so oh the irony..Paul and I just had some best friends that movied up there from us..I mean its only 45 minutes but still changes things a lot. Thats funny. So if you ever have the desire to come visit them let me know...There is a Springhill suites Marriott right there in Temecula that I can get a killer deal on! :-)
Love you love you! I can't wait to talk about school starting, how it's going at the OC and our plans. What a cute post. I'll call you soon!
Post a Comment